Crafts, DIY, Kids, Sewing

Car Seat Poncho

Car Seat safety is very important to me but it’s not always the most convenient when it comes to winter coats.  With my son, I used to take his coat off in the car and either put his coat over him after he was buckled or had a blanket in the car that he could use.  It was always such a pain and he would still continue to complain that he was cold.

Last year I made a poncho for each of my kids and I absolutely love them!  It was super easy to make, each poncho only took about an hour to make.  And they are so convenient and super warm.  I almost wish I had one for myself.  The poncho goes over the straps of the car seat so they are completely safe and my kids never have to be outside without something warm on!

To make this, here is what you’ll need:
-2 layers of fleece (about 1 – 1.25 yards each, depending on the size)
-Thread
-Sewing machine
-Scissors

First, measure your child from the back of the neck to about their fingertips (or however long you want the poncho to be) and add 1 inch.  I usually make the ponchos between 17-19 inches, depending on how big you want them to be.

Fold your fleece lengthwise and then fold it over so you have a folded square. From the folded corner, measure your length and either use a pen and string to draw a quarter circle or just measure the length from the corner every so inches until you’ve marked your fleece all the way across.  Cut along the line you just marked.  Make a similar cut on the corner for the head.  I have found that 2.5 inches is a good size because the fleece does stretch a bit. Unfold the fleece and you should have a perfect circle!  Do the same on the other piece of fleece.

To cut out the hood, I took a sweatshirt that we already had and traced it onto parchment paper.  Add 1/2-1 inch seam allowance and then cut the pattern out.  Place two pieces of fleece right sides together and cut out the hood shape from your pattern.  Sew the pieces (still right sides together) along the top and back.  Do the same to the other fabric.  (Sew along the red lines shown in the picture).

Now we’re ready to sew the two hood pieces together.  Take one of the hoods and turn it right side out.  Keep the other one inside out.  Put the right side out hood inside the other hood so the right sides are touching.  Sew the 2 pieces together along the front of the hood.  Turn your hood right side out and tuck the hoods into each other.  You may choose to do a top stitch around the face of the poncho for a more finished look, but this is optional.

Got it?  Great!  Let’s move on to attaching the hood to the poncho.  This is where it gets a bit tricky.  Lay both circles of fabric on the table, right sides together.  Now you’re going to pin the hood in between your circles of fabric.  If you look closely at the picture you’ll see the inner most layer is the bottom pink poncho piece, then the pink hood layer, teal hood layer, teal poncho piece.  It takes a bit of finessing to get the hood pinned smoothly within the poncho pieces.  Sew around the hole opening, making sure all layers are sewn together.

Once you have that sewn, flip everything right side out (you’ll have to pull one of the poncho pieces through the hood opening).  Sew along the bottom edge of the poncho if you wish and you’re done!

Here is a picture of my daughter with the first poncho I made to show how it’s used in the car seat.  This works great in all types of car seats.  The back side flips up and over the back of the car seat so no fabric is in between the seat and the child.

99 Comments

Joyce Howell

December 14, 2017

Is your circle 17″-19″ from the center to the edge or does it have a 17″-19″ diameter? Thank you for the pattern!

December 14, 2017

Hi there! The 17″-19″ measurement is from the corner once the fabric is folded into the square. The actual diameter of the circle will be double that once unfolded (34″-38″). Hope that helps!

Shantelle

December 14, 2019

Hi there,

I’m having troubles with pinning my hood to the poncho part. Where you give the order of the innermost layer which is the bottom pink poncho, then pink hood, then teal poncho, then teal hood, I cant seem to get it right. Do you take the two pieces of the hood out from each other to do this? Do you have a video or more pictures to show better how this looks? I’m so close to being done but feeling confused!

December 15, 2019

Unfortunately, I don’t have a video or any other pictures. The hood goes in between the 2 poncho layers. So if you were to lay poncho layer A down, then put the hood layer A face down (poncho A touching hood A), then lay the poncho layer B down over the hood (so hood B touching poncho B). The hood should remain in tact – do not pull the layers apart. Does that make anymore sense? Sorry it’s confusing!

Mackenzie

December 15, 2017

Do you need 1.25 yards total between the 2 fabrics? Or 1.25 yards of each?

December 15, 2017

1 – 1.25 yards of each fabric 🙂

Courtney

January 7, 2018

I started working on a poncho this morning. All was going well until it came to pinning them together! To be clear… right sides together, does that mean like where the PB&J touches in a sandwich? 😂 I’m having such a hard time visualizing flipping it right side out at the end.

January 7, 2018

Ha, great analogy! Yes, that’s what right sides together means. So if you have one piece of bread with PB and one with Jelly, the sides with the stuff on it would be the “right side.” Smush em together and you have “right sides together.” 😂 The front of fabric A facing/touching the front of fabric B. Once you get the hood attached you’ll flip it around and have to stuff one of the poncho pieces through the hood and then it’ll all look normal 🙂 Good luck!

Janet Bennett Parrish

November 1, 2019

LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMETHING EASY FOR MY GREAT GRANDS TO. WEAR WHEN INTHE CAR W O TH THEIR MOM………THANK YOU THIS IS PERFECT FOR YTHE 2. 1/2 & 1 YR OLD

November 4, 2019

So glad you like it!

Jena

February 8, 2018

Hi there! You didn’t happen to make a video while making this did you? I am such a visual learner and am having a difficult time following written directions…this is only my second time sewing in my 31 years of life. HAHA!

Love your poncho!
    Where do you buy your fleece from?

February 9, 2018

Hi! Unfortunately, I did not make a video. Is there a step that is particularly confusing? Maybe I can help you through it. I get most of my fleece from JoAnn Fabrics – they have great sales and coupons!

Megan

February 12, 2018

I am using a yard of fabric so of course when I fold my for the second time it is more a rectangle, and using the 17-18’ guideline does not fit. I’m not doing the hood since my child hates them anyway makes no difference to have it. Does it make sense what I am say? I am very new to sewing but this seems easy enough. Hopefully I’m making some sense.
    Thank you.

February 12, 2018

If you have a true yard (36″), it should be 18″ exactly folded in half. The fabric usually comes folded once, so if you keep it folded as it came, you should just have to fold it once more (the opposite way). If your first fold is “hot dog style,” your second fold will be “hamburger style.” You’re not folding it like an accordion. Does that make sense? How much are you left with after you fold it? One yard should be just enough to make one circle and a hood.

Megan

February 17, 2018

Okay got it as far as the hood I am a bit confused as far as how to connect the hood. I have both of my right side sandwiches together and attaching the hood is a bit difficult, and I can’t fully understand. Could you explain more? Please and thank you!

February 19, 2018

This is the trickiest part! I put a pin in each circle layer of fleece to mark the center of the neck hole circles (in front and back). Place the solid fleece circle right side up. Lay the other circle of fleece right side down and match up the pins. Sometimes it helps to pin the two pieces of fleece together with the “front” pins. The hood will be attached upside down, in between the two circles. Take the bottom center point of your hood and place it in between the two circle fabric pieces. Match this up to the “back” pins and pin all 4 layers together. Now you just have to feed the rest of the hood in between the circle pieces and pin as you go.

Liv

August 6, 2018

Hi there! This is the easiest tutorial to understand that I’ve seen yet – thanks! If I want to sew the two main pieces together at the end, how would I do that and have it look finished? Would I fold each layer under then pin together and sew? Or is there some trick that I don’t know? Thanks!

August 7, 2018

Hi! Glad it’s been helpful, thanks for the feedback! I lay the poncho flat (so it’s one big circle) and sew the bottom together but I don’t fold them under. The raw edge on the fleece doesn’t bother me since it doesn’t fray. I have tried to do what you’re trying to do and it was very challenging! If the hood is already attached and the poncho is essentially already completed, the best way would be to fold each layer, pin and sew. Unfortunately, I tried turning it inside out and sewing right sides together and then couldn’t get it right side out again. If you figure out a trick, I’d love to know! Good luck!

Granny Linda

January 14, 2019

If you want a finished edge you could bind it. I’m trying to make mine today!

Rachael

August 25, 2018

Maybe you could fold and pin the edges in, like you would for a ladder stitch, and then just top stitch over it (rather than doing the ladder stitch)? Or use bias tape to cover the rough edges.

And thanks for the tutorial! I’m excited to try it out.

JoLee

September 3, 2018

I cannot tell from the picture but, when you attach the hood does it come all the way around to the front and meet at the front or is there a gap in the front. I cannot get the hood to stretch all the way around.

Stacey | The Baby and The Bulldog

September 4, 2018

I leave about 1-2 inch gap in the front so it’s not too tight around the kiddos’ necks.

Cheryl

October 7, 2018

Could you just use layer of fabric and not line it?

Stacey | The Baby and the Bulldog

October 25, 2018

I suppose you could use one layer of fleece instead of two, it would just look a lot less “finished” inside, especially the hood.

Krista

October 26, 2018

Hello I love this hooded poncho so cute I’m having a hard time visualizing the process of adding the hood and flipping it!

1). Is the hood sandwiches in between the two layers of fleece?

2) shouldn’t the patterned piece of fleece be on the bottom at this point instead of the solid ! I guess I’m confused on how the printed fabric on the hood and poncho end up matching lol

Stacey | The Baby and The Bulldog

October 26, 2018

Hi! Attaching the hood is definitely the most complicated part and a little hard to explain, but maybe I can clarify:
      1) Yes, the hood is sandwiched in between the circles.
      2) I don’t think it would matter which piece of fleece is at the bottom or top, as long as they are RIGHT SIDES TOGETHER at this point. Then when you put the hood in, make sure the hood patterned piece matches up against the circle patterned piece, and plain hood side is up against the plain circle.
      Does that help?

Debbie

November 6, 2018

Hi! Your pincho is soooo cute! I am making this for a baby shower gift. So I don’t have a baby to measure for the dimensions. Can you tell me how to gauge how small to make the poncho? Thanks!

November 6, 2018

Thank you! I usually do 18″ from the center of the circle to the end (so a 36″ diameter). This is a good size for 6 months to toddler. It will be big on the babies, which I like because it can still cover their feet. My daughter is now 2 1/2 and it’s just about at her fingertips. If you don’t have a child sized hood to use as a template, the hood pattern I created is about 9 1/2″ wide by 11″ long.

Debbie

November 6, 2018

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Debbie

November 8, 2018

One more question…my fleece is 58″ wide. Do you cut the fabric to 36″ square before folding?

November 9, 2018

I don’t, and just have left over after I cut the circle out.

Elizabeth

November 8, 2018

I was wondering if this would work for a toddler in her car seat

November 8, 2018

Yes! My daughter still wears hers at 2 1/2 and my son wore his until he was 5!

Elizabeth

November 11, 2018

Awesome! I’m going to make one this week for my 3 year old!

Linda Mengel

November 14, 2018

Just finished two of these, one for a 1 year old, one for a 5 year old. I too found the most challenging part was getting the hood positioned properly. I found it easier to place the first circle open right side up then pin the hood just at center back to just that one piece first. Then lay the second circle right side down over that and re-pin at that same spot. Now you have the hood in the right position so you can finish pinning it. It’s very bulky, so you have to go slow. It’s just hard to visualize how it is supposed to go! On the second one I did, I also sewed a narrow seam across the bottom (neck opening) of the hood before trying to pin it in. That seemed to work a bit easier for me. For finishing the bottom of the one for the baby, I just pinned it all the way around then used one of my machine’s decorative stitches to sew the seam. Turned out nice. On the other one, I didn’t sew it together. Instead, since my solid color was her favorite purple, I cut 3 inches off the patterned circle all the way around (I had made it extra long to begin with), so there was 3 inches of purple showing all around the bottom. So she has lots of purple no matter which side she wears it on!! It was challenging, but I was proud of myself when I was done. Wish I had more babies to sew for!!

November 14, 2018

Yes, that hood is always challenging for me (no matter how many I make)! I do the same with pinning it but sewing a small seam is a great idea, thanks for sharing!

Alisha

November 17, 2018

I made this today for my 20 month old.
    The hood I made did not span the opening. I may have to stitch a fold because the opening is too large. Next time if I find the hood base does not cover the opening I will baste the hood to the cape.

I also tried to get the cape bottom stitched closed by seeing inside out. With the hood already attached, I too could not figure out how to get things right sides out. I cut off the edge I had sewn and just stitched per the directions. I made a fringe edge that I sewed in between the two layers to add a bit of length from the part I had to cut off.

Looking forward to using this, so little one can be secured more safely in her car seat!

Laurie

November 18, 2018

I think I have this concept figured out. However, I cannot figure out the radius of the center hole. I may have missed something … but love your directions.

November 19, 2018

I do 2.5 inches for the hood opening from the corner point (as it’s all folded). So I measure and cut the circle at 17 or 18″ and then before opening it, measure 2.5 inches from the corner.

Katy

November 19, 2018

I absolutely love the fabric you used for this! Did you find it in store or do you have a link to it? Also, does it matter what kind of fleece you use? Anti-pill, anti-pill plush, blizzard etc?

November 19, 2018

Thanks! I got it from JoAnn Fabrics, but unfortunately I don’t have a link. I’ve used all kinds of fleece and they all work! Some seem to stretch more than others, so you may just want to be mindful of that if you’re looking at them in-store.

Karissa Hamlin

December 14, 2018

Hi! I’m wanting to make this poncho as a gift for my niece. However, I don’t have the chance to measure her without her parents being around and I want to make it a surprise. She will be a year old on January 3rd. I don’t have a hood of hers to measure. Do you know roughly what size I should make it?

December 14, 2018

17-18″ from center of poncho (36″ diameter) is a good standard size. She’ll still have room to grow into it, too. The hood pattern I created is about 9 1/2″ wide by 11″ long. Happy sewing!

Carol Johnson

December 21, 2018

Hi, I am making this now and am at the dreaded hood section. My only question is- should the good slso be right sides touching the right sides of the poncho fabric?

December 21, 2018

Yes! And the hood gets sandwiched in between the 2 circle pieces. Hope this helps!

Patty

December 22, 2018

Mannn, this hood is the most frustrating thing I’ve done in a while! When I sandwich it in between the layers, sew around it, then flip it over it doesn’t leave a hole for the head. What am I doing wrong?

December 22, 2018

Did you try pulling the hood through the head hole?

VeVi

January 2, 2019

I love this tutorial. I just made one for my 11months old baby and now I’m gone make one for my boy (3y) and my girl (5y). Actually this was my first sewing project. There are a few mistakes but your explanaition is very clear and easy to follow. So thank you very much!

Callie

January 8, 2019

Hi! I’m in the process of making this and I finished my hood, but I’m wondering, when it comes to attaching the hood to the poncho, does the hood need to be right side out, or right side in?

January 8, 2019

Hi there! The hood should be right side out when attaching to the poncho. Good luck!

Shannon

January 11, 2019

Im going to make thumbless (think newborn) mittens from my left over fabric!

January 11, 2019

Good idea! I just made a doll poncho to match my daughter’s. It’s fun to re-use the fabric 🙂

Jann

January 18, 2019

Ok I am lost. I did deviate somewhat. I sewed the bottom of the poncho first but left an opening to “birth” it one hood was sewn on. I know it’s just me. When sewing on the hood I put poncho rights side together. I place the hood btw the two ponchos and sewed around the neck. Now when I try to birth it there is no neck opening? What did I do wrong. Ugh

January 18, 2019

This is exactly what I did on my first poncho and I’ve never figured it out! Unfortunately I don’t have an answer for you. This is why I leave my edges unfinished.

Delisa

January 18, 2019

I’ve read too many comments about the dreaded hood and don’t think my grandson would leave it on anyway. I’m thinking I will make it without the hood and then I can sew the inside circle for the head with right sides together as well as the bottom, leaving just a small opening to stuff it all back through. Am I thinking right? Would you make the head opening larger if you weren’t doing a hood? I hate to be a wimp, but I’m not much of a seamstress!
    Thanks so much for your pattern!!!

January 18, 2019

I’m wondering if you’re going to sew the neck hole shut by doing this…not really sure though. I did make a hoodless option last year and added a zipper. It was nice! I wouldn’t make the neck hole bigger, the fabric stretches very easily.

Renee

January 28, 2019

Hi Debbie, I’m making a couple of these for my Great-grands. I don’t have the measurements for a baby’s head so I’m not sure what the length x width should be for the hoodie. Can u give me an idea? This would be for a 5 month old right now but want it big enough for next winter as well. Thank you.

January 28, 2019

The hood pattern I created is about 9 1/2″ wide by 11″ long. It will be big on a 5 month old but will have plenty of room to grow. To give you an idea, the sweatshirt that I used as a reference for the hood size was a 3T. The first poncho I made, I made a smaller hood for my daughter who was about 9 months old at the time and I wished I had made it larger because by the following year it was hard to keep on her head.

Renee

January 28, 2019

Thank you so much… now I can get to work.

Debbie Stevens

January 30, 2019

How big do you make the neck hole for a 18 month old?

January 30, 2019

If you still have the piece folded, measure 2.5 inches from corner for the neck (when the circle is open, the diameter will be 5″). It seems small now but the fabric stretches a lot!

Jodi

February 19, 2019

I made this for my 10 month granddaughter. I found the instructions to be very clear and complete. I had one problem with this project. I cut the folded fabric with a neck hole that was a total of 5″ across (folded 2.5″ cut). After cutting the neck hole, I put one of the poncho body pieces over her and the neck hole was plenty big enough. I connected the hood, had it pinned and then sewed all the way around. I had it so the two ends of the hood would meet up. To my disappointment, once finished, the opening was way to small to go over her head. I ended up having to cut a 3″ “v” at the neck so it would go over her head. I was so disappointed to have to do this, it really change the look of the project. Then I had to figure out what to do with the two layers of the “v”. I had already sewn the bottom shut. Anyone else have this trouble? And if so, how did you solve it? It’s still functions fine but doesn’t look as finished now.

February 19, 2019

I’m sorry you had this problem! I have had the opposite problem (neck was way too big after the hood was attached) but never that it was too small. However, I leave about a 1 inch space between the hood front pieces so it’s not so constrictive around their necks. Are the “v” layers still an unfinished edge? You could just tuck, pin, and sew a top stitch to finish the look. Maybe someone else has some suggestions, too!

Lillian

February 25, 2019

Best accessory for baby in the winter months
    Easy to make

Anna

March 10, 2019

Hi! I love this tutorial! Thank you! Just have one question. I am new to sewing and was wondering if you bought 1 yard or 1.25 yards for this project? Would like it to fit a child 6 months-toddler. Thanks! Anna

March 10, 2019

Hi! 1 yard will be exact if you’re doing the 18” as I did. If you’re concerned about it (sometimes the fabric isn’t always cut straight at the store, etc) you can get slightly more than 1 yard. But, if it ends up only being 17” instead of 18” it wouldn’t really be a big deal. Good luck!

Julie

September 9, 2019

How many inches wide is the bottom of the hood before it is attached to the poncho (the picture with the pattern on the pink fabric)?

September 10, 2019

Hi there. The bottom is 9.5 inches across, 11 inches tall. Hope this helps!

Robin Wenrich

October 15, 2019

Thank you for the detailed instructions on attaching the hood. Just made my 4th poncho and this is the 1st one I didn’t have to rip apart. Thank you!

October 25, 2019

Glad this helped!

Megan

October 25, 2019

I just wanted to say, thank you for this tutorial! Your instructions were so easy to understand, I wish I was this eloquent at explaining my sewing processes! I made my little girl a poncho in just 3 hours last night (and believe me, that’s fast for slowpoke me), and it looks darn near professional quality.

I did decide to turn under and topstitch with a twin needle the bottom edge for a more finished look, but only because I used minky fabric for the inside. If I had just used 2 layers of fleece, I probably wouldn’t have done that. My neckline is a little big, but I wanted to make sure it would fit her for a few years, so I plan on adding in a draw string to be able to cinch it up.

I wish I could share pictures on here, it turned out so cute and my daughter absolutely loves it. I chose a pastel rainbow print and she looks like a little Care Bear! Thank you again for the wonderful tutorial!

October 25, 2019

Thanks so much for your kind words! Your poncho sounds adorable and I’m so glad your daughter likes it!

Cindy

November 1, 2019

Could I suggest that you insert a piece of elastic instead of a drawstring? Childrens clothing are made without drawstrings at the neck for safety sake.

Alesha

October 30, 2019

Hi there! I just made one and love it! However I think I made the neck hole too big. when I sew the hood on there was like 6” of front left without the hood. Is there a way to make it smaller after it’s already sewn?

November 4, 2019

Hi there! Maybe try cutting a triangle out of the front, fold the unfinished edges in and do a top stitch (so you have an open “V” at the neck), then make a flap with a snap (similar to what is on baby footie jammies) to pull the ends together. I’ve never done it, so not sure how it’ll work but it’s a thought!

Deborah

November 5, 2019

Enjoyed the idea, but I had a heck of a time making it! My sewing machine couldn’t complete the stitches through two layers of the fabric even when I increased the stitch length, so I used my serger. My server stretched the neck out terribly no matter my differential feed settings (I think because of how much fabric there was) so now I have to figure out how to make it smaller. Probably won’t ever do double thickness again 🙁

November 6, 2019

Oh no! Sorry you had such a hard time with the machines :/

Gerri

November 6, 2019

Just cut out 2 sets for my 11 month old twin grandsons. Sewing will be tomorrow. I have enough fabrics left that I might make them each a simple teddy bear to match. Or small pillows. Lots of options. My cat might get some new catnip toys too! So many ideas!!!

November 6, 2019

Love it! My daughter has a matching poncho for her doll 🙂 And my dog also has a few matching stuffed toys…can’t let that fabric go to waste!

Jessica Jones

November 10, 2019

I just wanted to tell you how great and easy to follow this pattern was! Mine turned out so cute with unicorn fleece on top and pink minky underneath. Thank you!!

November 12, 2019

So glad it worked well for you!

Donna Kline

November 10, 2019

This is possibly the cutest thing I’ve ever made. Just a few modifications that worked well for me: when I cut out the hood, I put the top “seam” on the fold so I didn’t have to sew a seam, and that worked well, and I basted the bottom of the hood before sewing it to the main part of the poncho, so it felt like just 3 layers to hold together rather than four. For those of you struggling with the mechanics of sewing those layers together when it seems like it can’t possibly come out right — hang in there! Once you do the “flip” it’s like magic the way it all comes together! Finally, and this is only for those of you with extra time (ha!), I did a blanket stitch around the bottom to hold the two layers together. It took longer than making the poncho itself, but it looks great!

November 12, 2019

Those are all great suggestions, thank you!

Suzan Luepkes

November 11, 2019

So does the circle cut out for the hood measure 2.50 inches?

November 12, 2019

When folded, the measurement should be 2.5 inches from the corner to the cut line. When open, the circle’s diameter will be 5″

Abbigail

November 16, 2019

I am hoping to make this for my daughter who wears size 4/5 and would like her to wear it for a couple years. Would the 1.25 yards be enough and how should I measure it?

November 16, 2019

I have a 3.5 year old (who wears a 4) and using these measurements it comes down to her fingertips. If you want to make it longer just add an inch or 2 when cutting out the circle (so measure 20ish inches instead of 18). You shouldn’t need to add anything to the hole for the hood because the fabric stretches easily.

elizabeth

February 4, 2020

well,a long time later, I love these directions. I just made two following someone elses tute and it was pretty hard. If you do the pinning of the hood between the layers with it “standing up” as if you put the neck hole over a large jar, the fleece hangs down and getting the four pieces to line up is much easier. I also own a walking foot and that made the sewing much easier. thanks for doing all the math, that will help me in the future. bookmarking your page!

February 6, 2020

The jar is a great idea, thanks for sharing!

Hannah

September 28, 2020

Can I use flannel for the inside layer and fleece for the outer layer?

[email protected]

September 28, 2020

I have never tried flannel but I’m sure you could! Fleece would be stretchier than flannel so I’d just be mindful of that. Good luck!

Charlene Selbee

October 31, 2020

I do not have a child’s hood to use as a pattern. I would appreciate the meaurements of the hood. Thanks.

Rhiannon

November 17, 2020

Hello! I know this is for a car seat poncho! But say I wanted to make a wheelchair poncho for an adult how much fabric do you think I should use??

[email protected]

November 20, 2020

Hi there! I’ve put some thought into this and I’m not sure a circle poncho would work best for an adult because the fabric width may not be wide enough to cover the length of the arms. I did find a really easy adult size tutorial and tried it out myself a few months ago and worked great! Maybe you can modify this if you want 2 layers. Good luck!

Henny

November 20, 2020

I there. I am planning on making a few of these poncho’s for Christmas gifts. I was under the impression that this tutorial would be a reversible poncho. That being said, how can I make the seam look more finished from the hood and neck area.

Henny

November 20, 2020

Sorry, after asking my question it occurred to me what should be done. The outer 2 piece fold/ overlaps into the middle. Whereby Leaving 2 pieces of material to sew together? Gosh it’s hard to describe.

[email protected]

November 20, 2020

This is reversible! I think you got it right that once you flip everything right side out all the seams are hidden.

Henny

December 1, 2020

Hi There. I’m very pleased with my first poncho. I wish I could post a pic here to show you. I’m on to my second one now and have challenged myself to add pockets. I hope I don’t regret this idea.
        Update: The second one turned out great as well.